- Created on 22 May 2011
- Last Updated on 02 Jan 2012
While doing some research on the multi-touch capabilities of the Magic Trackpad I found this page. It basically gives you instructions on how to test multi-touch in the latest Ubuntu 11.04 release.
You don't need to be a Linux expert:
- Simply download the Ubuntu live CD,
- Copy it bootable on an USB stick,
- Boot the Live version which doesn't change your system configuration
- Pair your Magic Trackpad: Tap to click works straight away (you can also configure 2 finger scroll in the mouse settings)
- Use the package manager to install the Qt4-Demos
- Try Fingerpaint: It is really cool! Works smooth with up to 5 fingers.
I'm sorry that I haven't done any screenshots but it looks similar to this here.
Well, what does this mean for Windows? Yes it's all there but Apple is hiding from Windows. And it's even worse.... read the next article.