With Apple OS X Lion comes a new BootCamp 4.0 Windows driver package. It's not offical for download on Apples BootCamp webpage, but Lion users can download it already as part of the BootCamp installer. The download is 630 MB in Apples PKG format which eventually contains an ISO image with all drivers for all Windows drivers for Macs.
The Magic Trackpad drivers for Windows have been updated to from version 184.108.40.206 to version 220.127.116.11 and they work fine with our Magic Trackpad Control Panel. As much as we would like to provide new Magic Trackpad drivers for download (4MB), it's Apples property and you know it's no fun to deal with Apple on copyright issues.
A binary comparison of the driver files shows a few bytes differences which are mostly string and version related, so our guess is that it is the same old driver with some minor updates. Maybe that annoying Slow Mouse Pointer issue has been fixed but so far we can't confirm that yet (which means we haven't observed it yet).
For now we will not provide a new Driver Installer as the download is large, extraction takes quite a while and needs some GigaBytes of temporary disk space.
So for all of you who are keen on getting the new drivers, here are the instructions:
- Download and install 7-ZIP version 4.65
(Update: Use this older version. Newer versions can't see the Drivers path in the ISO)
- Download the BootCamp 4.0 Lion installer package BootCampESD.pkg (630 MB)
- Open this file in 7-Zip and dobble-click down to this path:
- Now extract
* AppleWirelessTrackpad.exe for Windows 32bit or
* x64\AppleWirelessTrackpad64.exe for Windows 64bit
- Make sure to uninstall a previous installed Magic Trackpad Driver
- Install the extracted driver.